Thursday, May 30, 2013

We have a name...we think

We JP kept putting off the name discussion.  We finally sat down last week to talk it over.  I had a list of about 20 names that I've written down over the last 5 or so years.  Yes, us girls are crazy like that.  I had narrowed the list down to my top 5 and asked JP to pick out his tops names too.  He narrowed his to 3 names that were all also in my top 5.  Talk about good team work!  We talked over the final 3 and semi-officially decided on Parker.  JP wasn't sure about this at first.  He doesn't really get the whole boy name for a girl.  But I've been calling her Parker since we found out it was a girl and I think it has grown on him.  He doesn't want to make it official in case we change our mind.  Putting it on the blog doesn't make it official, right? I also just ordered a large P from RH...oops.  Hopefully Peyton or Presley will work if Parker is a no.

Nursery

I got started thinking about the nursery last week.  This was so hard for me at first.  The more I looked online, the more ideas/styles I liked.  Thanks to Ashley for helping me settle on something.  I don't know how many pictures and links I sent her for another opinion.

Anyway, I decided on mostly neutral stuff with pops of teal/mint and coral/salmon.  I ordered a dresser and changing table yesterday.  It could be in next week so I have a lot to get done.  Her room still has junk in it and I need to pick a paint color and schedule the painter.  I really hope it all comes together as I picture it in my head.  I think Parker will love it.

Pregnancy Updates

Parker's little flutters have graduated to punches and kicks.  I wish I could see what she was doing in there.  Hopefully she's already practicing for the 2028 Olympics.  I plan to teach her a front roll before she's walking.  The Olympic individual all around championship title is ours.  JK!  I'm not going to be one of those moms that live vicariously through their children.  (However, I am still a little bitter that mom wouldn't let me go train with Bela Karolyi after the 1996 Olympics)

I digress.  Back to updates.  I really can't believe how easy this pregnancy thing has been.  I don't want to jinx myself, but I have felt great.  I have a feeling this might change after I'm pregnant through the hot summer.


This weekend

JP and I have our to do list ready to go for Saturday.  We haven't been home many weekends so we need to take advantage of the weekends we are in town.  We are also having a much needed date night Saturday.  Love me a good steak.

JP (and Mark) then fly out to Boston early Sunday morning for work.  They will be there until Wednesday.  I've already made lots of plans for me and Ash.  Sunday - church, Garden Ridge, Brunch, and ...wait for it...Register.  Yes, Diaz agreed to go register with me and Sara.  I recruited her by convincing her that I needed someone to push Sara around while she told me what to scan.  Plus, I figure it will make registering more interesting with Ashley there.  She already asked if we would be pushing Sara around in a shopping cart.  For those who don't know, Sara has a broken leg and we will be using a wheel chair (if she still has it) not a shopping cart.  Should be interesting!  Stay tuned for pics.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS