Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It's a girl

I still cannot believe we are having a baby girl!  We have thought it was a boy the whole time.  Calling it Henry and "he" for the first 18 weeks really threw us off.

I did have a couple premonitions before out appointment though.  Two nights before, I dreamed that we were calling the babe "Daddy's Little Girl."  The night before, I had a very strong feeling it was a girl.  I kept telling JP that I was positive it was gonna be a girl.  I also had a nightmare that we overslept our alarms and missed our appointment.  I woke up at 5:00 am in a panic and double checked both of our alarms.  I was NOT going to miss this appointment.

On the way there, we stopped and grabbed some OJ.  My nurse friend Debbie said this could help the babe get to moving.  I wanted to do all that I could to make sure it was cooperating.

Sonograms may be the coolest thing ever.  I wish I had one at home where I could check on the babe all the time.  Maybe I should invent that.  Patent pending.  The sono tech said the baby was moving around a lot and asked me if I could feel it, but I couldn't.  I am hoping that I can start to feel it moving soon.  They say between 16 and 20 weeks is when you can start to feel them.

Anyway, we got to see it's heart, brain, stomach, and little hands and feet.  It even had little baby hiccups and we could see the little stomach going up and down.  Cutest. thing. ever.  Cue tears.

When it was time for the reveal, Baby Mack had it's legs together.  I had this horrible feeling that we weren't going to be abel to find out.  My bladder was full so the babe didn't have much room to move.  I went to the bathroom and then we tried again.  She was shaking the wand on my stomach basically squishing the baby, but it worked.  She moved and revealed herself.  It's a girl!


Let the new to do list begin!

1. NAME HER! I want to be able to call her something.  Plus I want her name and initials on everything.  (love monogramming)  But coming up with a name is so hard and so important.  We have a list that we are working from, but we haven't had much time to discuss.  Hopefully soon though.

2. Get started on nursery:  I am having a hard time with this one.  If you have read previous posts, you know decorating is so not my thing. A lot of what I have seen is very girly, foofooey, and pink.  I'm leaning towards more rustic/shabby/neutral or maybe blacks, white and greys with a pop of color.  

3. Go shopping!  For baby and me.  I'm quickly running out of work clothes and I can't wait to get some outfits for her (see, she needs a name)  Although, I don't think I will need to buy this child one thing.  She is the first grandchild on both sides.

4.  Register:  Another pain point.  I asked Sara if she would go with me.  She had a little one not too long ago.  I hope she wasn't just agreeing to be nice.  However, it may be a little difficult to do with her broken leg.  I figure I could wheel her around and she can point things out.  I still think this would be much more enjoyable than my mom and I walking aimlessly through Buy Buy Baby.  Seriously, have you ever been in that place?  I have...once.  I have avoided it ever since.  I felt an anxiety attack coming on the second I walked in.  Way overwhelming.

Finding out that Baby Mack is a girl has made it so real.  This was probably the coolest day of my life.  I told JP I'm already ready to do it again.  He of course told me to slow down and that we need to make it through the rest of this year.  Thank God one of us is level headed.

I also started feeling her move too a couple days after our appointment!  So cool.  She moves at night when I am still.  I LOVE it.  I cannot wait to meet her and see what she looks like.  God is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS