Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Independence Day

26 Week check up

Before we left for a 4th of July lake weekend, we had our monthly check up.  I had my glucose testing this go round.  This is where they test for gestational diabetes.  I was so worried I was going to fail this test because I forgot to "eat light" before my appointment, but seriously, it was at 1:00 pm.  If you want me to eat light, give me a morning appointment.  Anyway, if you fail, you have to go back in for a 3 hour additional testing.  I did not want to fail!  Results to come.  Everything else looked great.  Strong heart beat, my stomach is measuring perfect, and I've gained ten pounds now.  I asked when I would get a sono again and apparently everything looks so good that it's not required anytime soon.  I mean, I'm glad that we are healthy, but I need to see what tricks my little tumbler has learned so far.

Lake

We headed down to the lake after our appointment with Mark and Ashley.  I was super excited for this trip.  Fourth of July is my favorite holiday!  It was a much needed relaxing, long weekend.  I was excited to have someone there that goes to bed before me.  (I hate being first to bed)  At around 9:00 each night, Ash would start asking if it was bedtime yet...which earned her the nickname of Number One Loser for the weekend.  She actually kind of gave herself the name.  Mark tucked her into bed the 1st night at 11:00 and she said to him, "I don't want to be the number one loser."  JP claimed the title when he snuck off to bed at 10:00 the last night.

Mark and Ash couldn't get over how much good food there was.  Potato salad, pasta salad, banana pudding, peach/blueberry pie, steaks, scalloped cheesy potatoes...you name it.  Debbie and Aunt Pam are really good cooks.  So Ashley and I decided we would try to learn a couple of their tricks.  We will be testing out our new skills on our lake trip next weekend.  (Breakfast sandwiches anyone?)  My favorite cooking lesson of the weekend came from Aunt Pam.  Take a shot before and after you cook...makes cooking more fun AND if it's bad, it won't taste as bad.  Makes sense to me!

Here's a couple pics from the weekend...Ashley's travel buddy



Mark got ahold of my pregnancy float.  Shout out to Krista for this amazing purchase.

Cheers...for most

Banana Pudding...amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS