Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Thank God for AC and Iron

What a Monday...

I got my test results back yesterday...no gestational diabetes, but I am anemic which is very common later in pregnancy.  Maybe she is pumping iron.  Haha, no?  I hope this is why I have been so tired AND is to blame for so many dang leg cramps at night.  I'm hoping that once the iron supplements and steaks kick in, I will get some energy back.

(Dramatic alert)

Then, on my way home, I decided to take 75 instead of the toll to save 5 bucks.  Like a good girl, I checked my traffic app just to be sure it looked good.  All green...75 it is.  Well, the app lied.  Wrecks and stalled vehicles everywhere.  75 was a parking lot.  I despise this highway.  AAAANNNDD on top of it, my AC wasn't working...in my new car...what the heck!?  Talk about a pissed off pregnant woman.  A typical commute home on the toll takes about 45 minutes.  Well, 40 minutes into my trip today, I was just hitting 635 WITH hot air blowing in my face.  So, I hope cops don't read my blog, because what did I do?  I jumped in the HOV lane.  I shun people that get in the HOV lane that are not HO.  Big pet peeve.  I am a rule follower, but I didn't have a choice.  I was freaking out that I would get caught.  I'm sure this didn't help my sweat situation and my already rising blood pressure.  I rehearsed what I would tell the cop the whole time I was breaking the law in the HOV.  I was gonna need to start with some tears.  I knew that wouldn't be a problem at this point.  And then I was totally gonna pull out my pregnancy card and milk it for all it is worth.  I figure I've earned it.  "I'm so sorry officer, but I'm 7 months pregnant, my AC isn't working, and I am literally cooking this baby right now.  Did you know that it is very bad on a baby when a mother overheats?  A baby CAN'T sweat!  I just want to get home...blah, blah, blah"  Glad I didn't have to go there, but I do wonder if it would have worked.

When I walked into my house, I looked like I had run a marathon.  My face was beat red and my sweaty hair was stuck to it.  I'm getting hot just writing this.  Anyway, I peeled off my sweaty clothes, treated myself to some ice cream and cooled off rather quickly.  How did people live before AC?  Thank you Willis Carrier for that gem of an invention.  Happy Monday! (they need a sarcasm font)

1 comment:

  1. Aww... that sounds pretty frustrating! I couldn't imagine my mood if that happened to me. But did you call a handyman to check the issue? I guess your AC problem had something to do with the condenser.

    Geneva @Radiator.com/AZ/Phoenix/423

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS