Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nursery Progress

Another crazy weekend has come and gone with my parents.  It was exhausting, but we got so much done.  I did have to sit down and take a lot more breaks than usual.  My back can't go as long as it used to.  The guys worked around the house, but they also had some fun too.  They both had gift cards to Cabelas and went shopping Saturday.  JP came home with two camo outfits for Parker.  Talk about playing on my heart strings.


Mom and I were on a nursery mission.  We found random knick knacks, a lamp, and ordered a glider from Buy Buy.  The chair I wanted was on the floor at Buy Buy, but it had 2 rips in the back.  It was discounted, but not enough for the work that would have to be done on it.  Per usual, mom saw an opportunity to get a deal.  She argued with the sales lady that it should be even cheaper because the rips weren't even on the seams.  The lady wasn't playing mom's game.  She wouldn't budge.  I'm pretty sure this irritated mom because she was still yelling out to the lady, "...and there's black all on the side over here!" as she walked away.  I thought it was comical that mom's deal making skills didn't work for once (even though the deal was for me)

Our main priority was to pick a paint color for the nursery. Fail.  Have you ever tried to pick out paint with two overly anal fastidious people?  I had decided that I wanted to try a color since her furniture is white and the rest of the house is so neutral.  This task included 3 trips to Lowes, 2 to Home Depot, 1 to Sherwin Williams and lots of paint samples on the walls (9 to be exact)  And have I decided on one yet?  Nope.  Trying to pick a teal/mint that isn't too blue or too green is proving to be difficult.  JP is not much help either.  Poor kid is color blind.  JP walked in after Mom and I had just finished painting the first sample on all four walls.  He looked around and said, "well I'm not gonna be much help.  These all look the exact same to me."  Awww, that's because they are.  Anyway, her bedding should be in this week, so I am hoping that will provide some guidance.


Her room is really coming along.  I think we are going to attempt to paint it ourselves.  That way if I hate it and want to change it, I won't feel so bad since we didn't pay someone.  I can't wait for the finished product!

I have also started shopping for little Miss.  I am trying not to buy too much because it is all summer stuff right now.  Who knows what size she will be next summer.  She could be really long, or chunky, or tiny.  Target has the CUTEST stuff.  I wanted to buy it all.  Here's a couple of my fav purchases...these shorts better fit!


When do fall clothes come out???




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS