Friday, August 2, 2013

Cheerleader in training

We went to Stork Vision last week for Parker's 3D pictures.  I guess she didn't like the way her hair looked that day because she did not cooperate.  Her hands were in front of her face and she was squished up against the placenta. (ewww I don't like that word)  Although she didn't participate, we did get to confirm that she is still a girl.  That was the first thing I asked the sonographer since we haven't seen her since week 18.  I was terrified that she would have a penis.  What would I do to her nursery and with all the clothes/bows I've bought.  Which by the way, I have a serious problem buying for this child.  If you know me, you know that I USED to be extremely cheap and always looking for a good deal.  That is so not the case with Parker.  I need to get back in control.

Anyway, we went back on Tuesday for a redo sonogram.  They suggested I drink a lot of caffeine...I was so excited since I've been limiting my caffeine intake.  I got a Sonic Route 44 vanilla diet coke on the way to the appointment.  (Don't worry, I didn't drink it all)  Did it make her move you ask? ...nope, but I was wired and could not shut up.  I think I told JP ten stories without a breath.  I digress.  Parker did decide to participate this time though...well, sort of.  We could see half of her face.  She was practicing her heel stretch so her leg was squishing one side of her face.  I'm glad she is already working on her cheer skills.  See JP, this is why she can't go to A&M...no cheerleaders.  I'm pretty sure she already wants to go to Tech anyway.  She always moves when I sing the fight song to her. Yes, I sing the fight song and school song to her.  I gotta take advantage while I can.

That is her foot on the right

 
She kept opening and closing her mouth - the only thing that was moving
 
 
Oh and I asked the sonographer if she could see hair.  (A natural concern coming from someone that didn't have hair until 3 years old)  Apparently, it's easier to see hair on 2D vs 3D.  She checked it out and said she could definitely see hair.  I guess we will see soon enough if that lady knows her stuff. 
 
 
30 week check up
 
I knew this pregnancy couldn't be smooth sailing the whole time or maybe I've just been bitchier lately.  Either way, I'm sick of this heat, my back hurts, and I just want my to do lists to be done.  We had also gotten used to getting an A+ at every doctor's visit.  Not the case this week. We had my 30 week check up and my doctor is still concerned with my weight gain (or lack thereof).  I know, I know, doesn't sound like much of a problem, but we have to make sure Parker weighs enough.  The doc scheduled a sonogram in two weeks so we can double check her size and weight.  Hoping everything looks good.
 
 
We are almost done with the nursery.  Just a few finishing touches.  I did finally get her deer canvas' painted.  I am so not crafty and it took forever, but I'm happy with the finished product.

In remembrance of the two deer JP shot in front of me

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS