Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh Hello Hormones

We didn't have many plans for the weekend.  We have both been really busy so we just wanted to have a relaxing weekend.  Once again, the plans went out the door.

Friday night started out great.  We ran to Macy's to get new towels for the bathroom, ordered pizza, and sat on the back porch.  We also hit up the PGA Super Store because I clearly needed new shorts and a shirt for our Sunday golf outing.  It was a low key, relaxing night.  But...when we got in bed, out of no where, I started crying.  Like balling, can't breathe crying.  (Oh hello hormones)  I can't even tell you why.  I kept saying, "this is so stupid" and then laughing and then crying some more.  JP of course is so great and just tries to be comforting...but I'm sure he thinks I'm nuts.  I wish for one day every man could just have a hormonal experience.  They are seriously bizarre.

The plan for Saturday was as follows;
- Home Depot for paint supplies for our bathroom painting project next weekend
- Taxes - JP
- Clean house - Danielle
- Hang the fan in the guest room

More like sh*t hit the fan.  Ok, I'm exaggerating, but it got crazy.  JP ended up having to go into work Saturday morning because he couldn't log onto work from home.  No big deal.  I would clean house while he was gone.  When he got back, he informed me that Stacey's called to tell him that the fabric we picked for our sectional was discontinued.  Ugh...one more thing to deal with.  So of course I start questioning the purchase in the first place.  It was way more than I had wanted to spend.  Maybe I could find a cheaper one?  Maybe it happened for a reason?  After two trips to Stacey's and three trips to Haverty's, we decided to cancel the expensive one altogether and went with a cheaper one from Haverty's.  So while this was a pain to deal with, I'm so thankful for the way it turned out.

Next, JP started on the taxes.   While JP was taxin, I decided I would paint a couple more samples on the bathroom wall to figure out which one we wanted.  When I went to get the sample from my back seat, I couldn't find it.  So I leaned in to look under my seat and immediately started to freak.  The sample paint had been squished when the seat moved back for JP to drive.  I wish I had a picture to post, but I literally couldn't even look much less take a picture.  (Oh hello again hormones)  I ran in to tell JP that we had an emergency.  (If you know how I treat my new car, you would know that this was an emergency to me)  I could tell he was thinking, "Real emergency or hormonal emergency like last night"  Poor JP spent an hour and a half trying to get the dried paint out of my car.  It actually looks better than I thought it would and at least it's under my seat so you really can't see it.

We did have a nice Sunday.  We got to play 18 holes of golf.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day.  We were paired with the sweetest older couple that had just moved to the area because their daughter was having a baby this Wednesday.  We definitely had a lot to talk about.



Needless to say, we did not make it to Home Depot or get the fan hung.  It will get done eventually if this whole nesting period doesn't kill me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS