Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Getting the To Do's Done

2nd Prenatal Appointment

The second trimester has officially started.  We had our second prenatal appointment last week which was very quick.  Weighed in (gained 1.5), blood pressure (good), and got to finally hear the heartbeat. (160)  I know that predicting the gender based on the heart rate is an old wive's tale, but it's still fun to play.  Per babybpm.com, the heart rate from our two appointments predicts a girl!

We also asked about hunting while preg and it's totally fine.  The baby is very protected.  JP's dreams have come true.  I kid.  I rarely go out with him.  Our last trip included two dead deer, lots of tears (mine of course), and frozen snot.

Our next appointment is at week 18 on May 9th and we will get to find out the sex!!!  Hopefully, if he/she cooperates, we will get to have a little gender reveal party the next day which works perfectly because my family will be in town for a concert.

Sharing with friends

It has been so much fun to finally tell people the good news.  I told some of my girlfriends at our book club meeting.  I held up "What to Expect When You're Expecting" as my book suggestion.  I got a a few blank stares and Boo said something along the lines of, "Why would I want to read that?!"  Our smart friend Alli caught on and screamed, "You're pregnant!"  Fun times!

To Do List

I have a lot that I want to get done before we find out the gender that way I can just have fun taking my time on the nursery.  The main To Do's are below.

1.) Clean out/organize all closets/drawers/cabinets - Done

This included 5 trips to Container Store and 9 black garbage bags of stuff for Goodwill and my family.  How did we accumulate so much stuff in the last two years?

2.) Redecorate our master bedroom and bathroom and paint the bathroom - Work in progress

I am so not a fan of the colors in our house.  The trim and shutters are a beige/tan color which makes decorating limited.  I don't want to paint the whole house so I'm working with what I've got.  (Other than painting the bathroom which will hopefully be done in the next two weeks)  Also, I originally added lots of red in the bed/bath which I'm sick of, so that was the goal.  Rid the red.

Here are some before/after pics of the bedroom.  I still need a couple things but you get the idea.  I need to find something for above the bed.  The mirror was borrowed from the guest room as an idea.

After

Before



My mom came in this past weekend to help pick out paint and start with the redecorating project.  If you know me, you know that I hate decorating and shopping.  I want to take my list to one store (Home Goods of course), find everything there, and be done.  Since it doesn't work that way and I hate shopping alone, mom and I do what I call "Marathon Weekends" when she's in town.  This includes getting as much done as possible in 2 days.  We literally worked, shopped, and ran errands for 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday.  I already don't enjoy shopping.  Having to pee in almost every store doesn't add to the joy.  Anyway, this is how it went down;

Saturday: Started with a 2.5 mile run, finished cleaning out closets, Goodwill,  Bassett, Stacey's (Plano and Allen), Home Goods, Academy, DSW, Anthro, Sephora, Hobby Lobby, Ross, Home Depot (twice), Lowes, and Bed Bath and Beyond.

Sunday: Garden Ridge (Plano and Lewisville - thanks Ashley and Emily), Stacey's, Target (twice), Dillard's, Macy's, Nordstrom's, Penney's (twice), Bed Bath and Beyond, Pottery Barn, and moved furniture around.

I don't know how my Mom does it.  I was totally exhausted and probably overdid it.  She's a beast.  I could not do it without her!  I have a feeling "Marathon Weekends" will be coming to an end in 6 months though.  It would be so much easier if my mom lived here. (hint hint)

3.) Get a new sectional - Done

The furniture we originally purchased is cute, but we wanted something more comfortable and accommodating.  JP and I had previously picked out the sectional we wanted to build.  Mom and I just needed to choose a fabric.  We went back on Sunday to buy it and before we went it, Mom told me to let her do the negotiating.  I told her it doesn't work that way.  Especially on a custom order.  She bet me she could get $500 off.  I told her she was crazy.  The second she started her negotiating skills, I walked away.  Why does this make me so uncomfortable?  Long story short, I should never argue with my mom on her negotiating abilities.  I would seriously put that woman up against anyone.

4.) Clear out the room for the nursery - Done (sort of)

We had a second guest room in the soon to be nursery so we needed to combine this with our work out room.  We got rid of our 1980s work out bench and moved the bed and dresser in with the treadmill.  Now the nursery just has a bunch of crap that needs to be sold on craigslist.

5.) Work on the back yard - Not started

We want new landscape, concrete, and a pergola.  This is more of JP's project.  His life has been consumed with taxes so hopefully after 4/15, we can get started.

Pregnancy Updates:

As far as pregnancy updates, there isn't much.  I still feel great.  My work pants don't fit an people have been commenting on my more noticeable belly.

I did have my first hormonal episode yesterday.  Of course it had to happen at work.  JP sent me a sweet text and I just started crying.  Definitely hormonal, right?  That statement doesn't even make sense.  But I just miss JP.  I feel like I haven't seen him in 3 weeks.  The only time we get to talk is when I try to have a conversation with him for the 30 minutes that he snoozes in the morning.  I am in need of some JPQT.  Tax season is a beating, but I'm proud of how JP handles it.  I can't wait for 4/15 and of course 5/9!!

God is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS