Sunday, March 3, 2013

8 Weeks

It still hasn't really sunk in yet.  I don't really think it will until we start sharing with people (yay!) and I start showing. (boo!)

Family Reveal

Telling our family could not have been more perfect.  Everyone was hiding in the dark in our dining room to "surprise" me for my bday.  When I walked in, I tried to act surprised (fail) and then I announced that we had our own surprise and pointed to my shirt.  See pics below.  (Mack is short for McEnery...apparently that needs explaining)
My sister and Bobby came in late to surprise me again.  It took Kaylee a while to notice my shirt and then she started yelling at me for drinking a beer.  I guess that's the CPS coming out.  Important note: I was obviously not drinking beer but there was one on the table close to me.



Symptoms/Changes

I hope this 1st trimester is an indication of the rest of my pregnancy.  I have been really lucky and even forget that I am pregnant sometimes.
- I do have pregnancy brain which is so not like me.  I lose things and don't even realize they are missing. My driving has become questionable too.
- I sleep hard and more than I used to.  9:00 pm is my new bedtime.
- I need new bras
- Max now cuddles with me more than JP :)  He sleeps on my belly sometimes too.  I think he knows.
- Smells: I threw out onions that I sauteed because they smelt awful.  Can newly bought onions be bad?  I wasn't sure, but they weren't going in our spaghetti.
I have actually lost a couple pounds.  It's probably the removal of alcoholic calories and I've been trying to eat healthier for Henry.  Yes. Henry...let me explain.

Henry

We call him Henry for a number of reasons.  One day I mentioned Henry to Diaz in a conversation that had nothing to do with naming our child.  But...she loved it so the joke Henry McEnery was formed.  Yes, I know it's bad and I can already hear the opinions but why do people think they can give you their opinion of baby names?  What if I really did like Henry McEnery?  You know, it kind of has a Philip Philips vibe...American Idol 2031.

It does make me wonder if we will share the name once we know.

My friend shared this blog recently.  She said she will never share her babies name again because of how many opinions she received.
http://www.disneybaby.com/blog/5-reasons-i-kept-my-babys-name-a-secret-until-after-he-was-born/

Maybe I will just have a good rebuttal.  "If you would like to name a child, have your own." or "You had your chance and I don't like your child's name either."  Too harsh?

Anyway, Henry (Henrietta on girl days) is becoming so normal it is starting to scare me a little.  We need to start calling him/her something else.

First Prenatal Appointment:
We have our first prenatal appointment next week.  We are so excited.  Maybe it will be more real when we hear the precious heartbeat.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS